"The pursuit of justice has always been my purpose."
Commitment to Excellence:
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law - J.D. cum laude
- Youngstown State University - B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science/Russian and East European Studies
- 27 years in the practice of law representing "the people"
- Staff Assistant, U.S. Information Agency - Soviet Disinformation
- Judicial Clerkship and Staff Attorney - Ohio Court of Appeals 11th District
- Adjunct Professor - Paralegal Studies Lakeland Community College
- Law Clerk - City of Parma Law Department
- 27 years experience raising three beautiful children
- Proficient in Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Bosnian, Russian, and Spanish
As a practicing attorney for more than 27 years, Katica Markulin had the privilege to pursue justice at every court level in the State of Ohio.
She has practiced in the municipal, common pleas, and appellate courts of Lake, Geauga, Cuyahoga, Ashtabula and Trumbull counties, as well as the Ohio Supreme Court. Her experience extends into the federal court system where she has appeared before the U.S. District Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Bankruptcy Court, Immigration Court as well as other administrative law tribunals. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorney Markulin’s experience practicing before the municipal court is extensive. She has practiced before all of the municipal courts in Lake County and in more than 13 other municipal courts in the Northeast Ohio area and has won precedent setting cases in the State of Ohio. Cases that have changed the way the law is applied in Ohio.
Attorney Markulin has assisted hundreds of refugees, asylees, and other immigrants in obtaining refuge, permanent status, and citizenship in the United States. Immigration law is her passion. It is the most fulfilling area of the law. It gives people hope and changes their lives forever.
American Immigration Lawyers Association, Ohio State Bar Association, Lake County Bar Association, Croatian-American Bar Association